Hobsons Bay City Council
Home / Attractions / Williamstown Historical Museum
Williamstown Historical Museum

Please note the Museum 5 MechanicsElectra Street Williamstown Melways M56:C9



Temporary Closing due to renovations from February 4th 2018. 

The Historical Museum is located in the former mechanics' institute (c.1860) at 5 Electra St by the intersection where it meets both Parker St and Melbourne Rd. It is open until February 4th on the first and third Sunday of the month from 1.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. and by appointment during the week. They have a large collection of maritime material, photographs, records and other items relating to the history of Williamstown. There is also an historical kit for school groups, tel: (03) 9397 1534

For feedback and comments please contact the Tourism Officer at Hobsons Bay City Council on (03) 9932 1000 email visitorinformation@hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au